- What IF You let Love All the Way In (Om-Times Magazine)
The Kitsap County Great Give #KCRGREATGIVE
- Kitsap Community Resources
Don’t want to read? Watch the Video below…
Why Give to Kitsap Community Resources?
- I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of Shallow Living. Anais Nin (Om-Times Magazine)
- How a Vitamin Cured My Anxiety Elisa Black (The Advertiser) #MTHFR #VITAMINB12 #VITAMINB9 #FOLINICACID
- Save Our Water
- Management of Water Resources for Drought Conditions
- Ten Questions to Ask Your Kids at the Dinner Table Debra Vaughn (Seattle’s Child)
- The 30-Day Walking Challenge Leslie Sansone (MyFitnessPal) #myfitnesspal
- Debunking ‘Earlier is Better’ Academic Instructions vs. Intellectual Instruction for Young Children Valerie Strauss (The Washington Post)
- Rep. Jesse Young (R- Gig Harbor) Wants to Use [Unavailable] Aircraft Carriers to build a Toll Bridge between Port Orchard & Gorst Requiring a $90,000 feasibility Study [From Highway Budget recently Passed in House] (Kitsap Sun)
- 15 Things Veteran Moms Really Want to Say
- Couple Rescues Starving Dog lost in mountains; Looks for Owner
- 10 Best Spring Hikes in the U.S.
- This is what Anti-Vaxxers Sound like to Everyone Else
- Map Showing Every State where Women are more likely to Live in Poverty than Men
- Everything in your life is a reflection of a CHOICE you have made. If you want a different RESULT, make a different CHOICE.
- Big Winners and Big Losers in the House and Senate Republican Budgets – Marian Wright Edelman (April 11, 2015)
There’s a Simple Way to Make a Big Dent in California’s Drought. #OurDroughtIsReal (April 8, 2015)
- Oregon Governor Expands Drought Declaration (April 6, 2015)
- Why Some Still Have Doubts on Climate Change (April 10, 2015)
- (An Extra One since it’s Saturday) The Biggest Myth about Meditation (April 9, 2015)
- Children Hear Everything You Say, and they Mimic everything you do. Give them a good example. -Fighters Against Child Abuse
- Photos: Mom Photographs messy fearless daughters to show “strong is the new pretty”
“Climate change is a significant threat to coastal communities. I’m proud Kitsap County is leading the way in trying to find solutions to ocean acidification, which is one of the key impacts of climate change in our region. The Puget Sound Restoration Fund, based on Bainbridge Island, was awarded a $1.5 million grant to investigate how seaweed cultivation can be used to lessen the acidity of water in the Puget Sound. We are lucky that our region is home to innovative researchers and thinkers looking to make a real impact on the changes in ocean chemistry that endanger our livelihoods.” –Derek Kilmer
- Do what you can to help people but have the wisdom to accept your limits. –Bryant McGill (Simple Reminders)
I’m not good at mornings. I generally take at least an hour to wake up fully. Part of the process in waking up is learning something new, anything. It could be a listening to a new song and learning the lyrics, reading an article about something interesting, or simply reading a book. This is how my brain wakes up. I provide input and it stretches itself into comprehending the day.
One of the biggest lessons I have learned over the last 3 years is to plan for the expected and unexpected. Raising Lisa I have learned that she wakes up slowly. She needs time to stretch and time to cuddle. She likes to eat first thing. Then she likes to play a little. I adjust our morning schedule to accommodate that.
Understanding that I need to ‘wake-up’ with intellectual stimulus I’ve decided to devote time in my morning to enjoy my learning process and share with the world the first 10 things that I opened while I drank my morning cup of coffee. My hope is that by setting aside this time first thing, I will be more productive the rest of the day.
May these 10 things stimulate your mind as well~
- “Listen, it’s still their f**king fault: Bush, Cheney, neo-con drivel, and the truth about Iraq and ISIS“
- “State Transportation Commission proposes Tacoma Narrows Bridge Toll rate increase, seeks public input“
“A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.” – Elbert Hubbard